Building Maintenance Technician
The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for the upkeep of building and grounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on building equipment (cleaning, lubing, adjusting, etc.) as assigned through CMMS (computerized maintenance management system).
- Accurately logs repairs performed, parts used, meter reading, and other relevant data on CMMS.
- Picks up/delivers supplies to necessary buildings/departments.
- Maintains the work area and tools/equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed Lock Out Tag Out program and all safety programs.
- Performs safety equipment checks.
- Consults with and/or schedules outside contractors.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by Facilities Coordinator with minimal supervision.
- Technical Capacity.
- Proactive Thinking
- Time Management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and areas where electrical current is present. Job duties are often performed in area where hazardous chemicals are present.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, power tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Will require weekend hours. Start times/working hours may vary depending on weather and projects.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 years of related experience.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Driver’s license with good driving record (proof upon hire)
- Reliable transportation
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in a technical field.
- Experience adhering to LOTO and other safety programs.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical schematics
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.