Equipment Maintenance Technician
Equipment Maintenance Manager
The Equipment Maintenance Technician supports the manufacturing operation by limiting equipment downtime through timely repairs and increasing equipment efficiency by preforming schedule maintenance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnoses electrical and mechanical equipment issues and preforms need repairs/adjustments.
- Preforms routine preventive maintenance on equipment (cleaning, lubing, adjusting, ect.) as assigned through CMMS (computerized maintenance management system).
- Accurately logs repairs preformed, parts used, meter reading, and other relevant data on CMMS.
- Maintains the work area and tools/equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed Lock Out Tag Out program and all safety programs.
- Manufacture small tooling/fixturing.
- Consults with and/or schedules outside contractors.
- Assists building maintenance as needed.
- Technical Capacity.
- Proactive Thinking.
- Time Management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and areas where electrical current is present. Job duties are often preformed in area where hazardous chemicals are present.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, power tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 years of related experience.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical schematics
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in a technical/engineering field.
- Experience adhering to LOTO and other safety programs.
- Experience with machine shop equipment.
- Experience using a CMMS
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.