General Manufacturing Operator
Thin or Thick Film Production Manager
The general manufacturing operator will follow standard operating procedures to perform various manufacturing operations throughout the Thick and Thin Film Divisions.
Operations such as electroplating, photolithography, chemical processes, solder dipping, visual inspection, and electrical testing will be required. Operation of abrasive or laser trimming equipment, dicing saws, sputtering machines, semi-automatic chip pickers, and furnaces may also be required.
Partial or full clean room attire, and safe handling of hazardous chemicals, and regular cleaning duties may also be required.
- Handle small parts and wafers with tweezers
- Visually inspect chip resistors and wafers utilizing a high power microscope.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision
- Read procedures and production travelers in English
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the supervisor
- Follows prescribed safety regulations for safe handling of hazardous chemicals
- Communicate with Engineering and Technicians as needed
- Maintain workspace cleanliness through routine cleaning and good work practices
- Time Management
- Verbal communication
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of a general manufacturing operator, the employee may regularly be required to move around or sit or stand at equipment or a microscope for long stretches of time.
As some visual inspection duties will also be required, specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Some physical strength and stamina are required for regular cleaning duties.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a 2nd shift, full-time position Monday – Friday, 3:30 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Occasional travel between our Attleboro and North Attleboro locations may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- One year of related experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read and write English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Cleanroom experience
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Chemical handling experience
- Visual Inspection experience
- Prior experience working for ISO 9000 certified company
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.