The Laser operator will follow standard operating procedures to set up and operate ESI Model 44 Lasers to trim Thin Film Resistors. Visual inspection using high power microscope, and electrical verification using a manual probe station and DVOM. Inspect, repair, and build tooling (probe cards).
- Complete production orders by priority with minimum supervision
- Record information in production travelers and work in process logs
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the supervisor
- Build and Maintain tooling for Laser trimming
- Communicate with Engineering and Technicians as needed
- Order consumable materials as needed
- Basic Math Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Verbal communication
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at equipment or microscope for long periods of time.
As some visual inspection duties will also be required, specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Some physical strength and stamina are required for cleaning.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. -3:30 p.m.
Occasional travel between our Attleboro and North Attleboro locations may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Must be able to read and write English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience operating ESI Model 44 Lasers (or similar).
- Experience using a hand soldering iron.
- Chemical handling experience
- Visual Inspection experience
- Prior experience working for ISO 9000 certified company
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.