Thick/Thin Film Engineer
Reports to Engineering Manager
Mini-Systems, Inc. is a world class leader in the manufacture of precision passive components, hybrids, and packages. Our products include thick and thin film chip resistors, MOS capacitors, metal/glass sidewall packages, custom thick film hybrid circuits, and multi-chip modules. Our unwavering commitment to quality, combined with world class customer service is why MSI is called upon when uncompromised reliability and performance standards are required. This is achieved through extensive employee training, dedication, and integrity exhibited every day by every employee.
Our American-made products are used in a wide variety of applications including medical, spacecraft, and military.
The Thin Film Engineer will have experience with metal deposition, photolithography techniques, and laser trimming resistors. Uses “hands on” approach to resolve manufacturing issues and develop new products.
- Studies/audits and understands current manufacturing processes.
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes.
- Clearly documents procedures to be used by manufacturing floor to accurately repeat process.
- Trains operators on proper manufacturing procedures.
- Works closely with QA & manufacturing determine root cause of non-conforming material
- Suggests where new materials and equipment as needed.
- Helps ensure all OHSA safety programs are in place and followed.
- Helps eliminates waste/non-value added activity. Finds opportunity to reduce process variation.
- Set up and programming of manufacturing equipment
- Project Planning
- Logical Thinking
- Record Keeping
- Time Management
- Highly Organized
This position has no supervisory responsibility
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and areas where electrical current is present. Job duties are often preformed in area where hazardous chemicals are present.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to enter and perform duties in the clean room.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, starting between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 and 5 p.m.
Travel Regular travel between Mini-Systems divisions in North Attleboro area is required.
Required Education and Experience
1. BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
2. 3-5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment,
3. Read, Write, and Verbally communicate in English
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access)
5. Knowledge of AutoCad and Minitab
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in a ISO 9001 environment
- Experience working in clean room/manufacturing environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.