Thin Film Inspector
Thin Film Production Supervisor
The Thin Film Inspector will visually, mechanically and electrically inspect chip resistors and capacitors to ensure they meet the requirements set forth by Mini-Systems and the final customer.
- Handle small parts with tweezers.
- Read and complete travelers in English.
- Visually inspect chip resistors utilizing a high power microscope.
- Reports defective materials to the department supervisor.
- Operate semi-automatic chip pickers.
- Measure parts using hand calipers or coordinate measuring system.
- Measure ohmic value of parts using probe station.
- Follow safe handling procedures for chemicals.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Completes tasks as directed with minimum supervision.
- Manual Dexterity.
- Good Hand-Eye coordination.
- Good Eyesight.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to wear a laboratory style clean room coat, face mask and ESD wrist strap at all times. Gloves or finger cots may also be required. The employee will be required to sit for long periods of time while looking through a microscope. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will required to sit for long periods of time. The majority of the job function requires the employee to use a high power binocular microscope for visual inspection.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday, Flexible hours for first shift are 6:00 am to 2:30 p.m. or 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.at 20 David Road in North Attleboro.
Second shift hours are 3:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. at 45 Frank Mossberg Drive in Attleboro
Visual inspection training will take place during first shift hours at 45 Frank Mossberg Dr. in Attleboro.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous inspection experience
- Previous experience handling small components
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Additional tasks may be assigned by your supervisor in other manufacturing areas. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.